It’s mid-week and heading straight toward Mom’s Day. Let her know you appreciate her and give her something that corresponds to her Florida lifestyle. Here are just a few ideas:
1. Sand Dollar Cookies. Make her a batch of these adorable sand dollar cinnamon sugar cookies
2. Create a beach-themed gift basket. Stock it up with a beach mat, towel, sunscreen, and water bottle. If you want to make it extra special, throw in a SPF 50+ scarf, which can be found at http://spfaddict.com/category/scarves/
3. Do something outdoorsy, like paddleboarding. It’s an easy and enjoyable experience where you can enjoy nature and have a great chat with mom. Check out Hooked on SUP in Englewood/Boca Grande area. Rates start at $20 for an hour rental. http://www.hookedonsup.com/rates.html
4. Get the lady a nice piece of jewelry that is as unique as she is. That means nothing from Kay’s or other run-of-the-mill jewelry chains. Scour pawn shops and other estate jewelry shops for older pieces. Look at local jewelers’ shops for pieces owners created themselves that are indeed one-of-a-kind. Check out Barbara Anne’s Jewelry on Boca Grande for ocean-themed jewelry such as shipwreck coin necklaces. https://www.facebook.com/BarbaraAnnesJewelry
5. Beach Photo. Take a photo of the kids and place it in a shadow box. Fill the bottom with sand and shells from the local beach. It will remind mom of all the great memories with the kiddos at one of her favorite places.
Happy Mother’s Day, everyone. Know that you are appreciated!